“Words mean nothing when your actions contradict…” – Unknown
Many people are hurt by cheating in relationships.
The TEN81 centre looks at being betrayed by a partner and how best to deal with it.
• Take time to allow yourself to feel your emotions
• Do not rush a life-changing decision
• Avoid retaliating
• Find someone to talk to
• Start the process of forgiveness by gradually letting go of negative feelings
• This doesn’t mean that you have to trust the person, or rebuild the relationship again
• However, trust can be rebuilt over time by open communication where feelings can be discussed honestly
• Consider speaking to a counsellor together
If you need advice or support, please contact:
– Dr Dick on www.men2men.co.za
– or Dr Delicious on www.womyn2womyn.co.za
– Get FREE face-to-face counselling at TEN81 in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272)
– or get FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (0860 688 688)