OUT LGBT Well-being, one of South Africa’s oldest LGBTQ organisations and its groundbreaking TEN81 clinic have moved to an exciting new location in Pretoria.
After 11 years of providing free sexual health, hate crime support and other services at 1081 Pretorius Street in Hatfield, OUT will now operate just a few blocks away at 1310 Stanza Bopape Street, Colbyn (bordering Hatfield).
“The only thing more exhausting than being depressed is pretending that you’re not.” – Unknown. Here are some tips on how you can deal with depression, especially when the future looks uncertain at best…
• Stay in touch! Fight the urge to isolate yourself and rather build a support network.
• Get up and do small or basic things even if you don’t feel like doing them.
• Find a routine and stick to it.
• Become more physically active.
• Challenge negative thinking.
• Shift your attention and focus on something else.
• Keep some humour in your life.
• Speak to someone trustworthy.
If you need advice or support, please contact:
– Dr Dick on www.men2men.co.za
– or Dr Delicious on www.womyn2womyn.co.za
– Get telephone or Skype counselling from TEN81 (book now on 012 430 3272 / 066 190 5812)
Many of us are struggling with uncertainty and the disruption of our ‘normality’. Here are some tips on how you can manage the changes that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought into our lives.