Despite a rainy and cloudy start to the day, around 150 people made history by taking part in the first-ever Hammanskraal Pride in December last year.
The event, which was held at Mandela Hall in the northern Gauteng township on Saturday, 8 December, was hosted by OUT LGBT Well-being.
“If you dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
At the beginning of 2019, we look at how you can make your life goals a reality. Here are some helpful tips:
TEN81 and its staff wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year ahead.
“I really do think that putting expectations on a holiday is setting yourself up for failure” – Delilah
Many of us experience the holiday blues. Here are some tips to help you cope with the holiday season.
“It is the lives we encounter that make life worth living” – Guy de Maupassant
Life can be hard sometimes, but it is up to us to make it worth living. Here are some tips on how to make life a bit better for yourself and those around you.
It’s your time Hammanskraal! We are bringing LGBTQ+ Pride to the people on Saturday 8 December, 2018.
The first Hammanskraal Pride picnic will take place at Mandela Hall (Lapa area) from 10am till 6pm.
We all need a break to let loose and have fun – and there’s no better time than the summer holidays!
Of course, flings, hot hookups and romance are usually all part of the season (yes!). Whatever you do, do it with style – and do it with PrEP: the daily pill that effectively protects you from HIV.
Taking PrEP is easy, it’s just like taking your vitamins, and there are usually few if any side effects. The best part is that you can get it FREE from TEN81 in Hatfield, Pretoria.
For more info, read our PrEP FAQ here and call us to set up an appointment to get your free PrEP on 012 430 3272 / 066 190 5812.
If you are not in the Pretoria area, please ask us how to get PrEP elsewhere.
“Self-care is how you take your power back” – Lalah Delia
This time of the year people may feel fatigued and overwhelmed. This month we look at how to take better care of ourselves.
“Get rid of clutter and you may just find it was blocking the door you’ve been looking for” – Katrina Mayer
Spring is usually a time for spring-cleaning. This month we look at cleaning out our emotional “cupboards”. Here are some tips on how to get rid of emotional clutter.
• Rid yourself of the notion that you have to be perfect. Be human.
• Free yourself from toxic people and relationships, and the drama that comes with them.
• Indecision or inaction for too long, can keep you stuck. Sometimes doing nothing can be worse than getting it wrong.
• Avoiding or ignoring difficult things, won’t make them go away. Turn and face them.
• Choose the thoughts that will empower you. Let go of the ones that don’t.
• Things that make you feel stupid, less than, not good enough, or keep you in the past, don’t deserve a place in your life.
If you need advice or support, please contact:
– Dr Dick on www.men2men.co.za
– or Dr Delicious on www.womyn2womyn.co.za
– Get FREE face-to-face counselling at TEN81 in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272 / 066 190 5812)
– or get FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (012 430 3272 / 066 190 5812)
Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to HIV. Did you know that the longer you don’t know you’re HIV positive, the worse it could be for your health? Getting tested regularly means you can take action to control your HIV, if it turns out you are positive.
Here are some great reasons why you should get tested regularly (every 3 to 6 months).